Monday, July 18, 2005

Scene 6: Trolley Stop

Well-dressed black dude approaches me at the trolley stop in old San Diego.

Guy: Wow, you must be like 6'3" - how tall are you?

Me: 6'5"

Him: I don't care, I'll still dunk on you!

Me: Probably.

Him: How'd you get so tall?

Me: I grew.

Him: Are you still growing?

Me: No, I'm 27 years old, how could I still be growing? I stopped growing when I was 16.

Him: Oh, I thought you were like 22. You look a lot younger than your age. So you were like 5'10" when you were 16?

Me: (Confused) No.. I was 6'5 when I was 16. That's when I stopped growing.

Him: Oh.. do you have a boyfriend?

Me: Yes (show him ring) I'm engaged.

Him: Oh, does he live here in town?

Me: No, we live in Las Vegas.


That's when my sweet little 10-year-old nephew jumps in and says:

Jesse: She's sick!

Guy: Sick?

Me: (Thinking, oh gosh, now the guy thinks I have AIDS. Well.. maybe it's not so bad)

Jesse: She has Morfan Syndrome. (actually Marfan Syndrome)

Guy: Oh, what's that?

Me: It's a connective tissue disorder. It means I just kept growing.

Guy: Oh.

We then ignore him and he goes away shortly thereafter.

This brings up a good topic though - fetishists. I have nothing against shorter guys per se, I just often get the vibe that some of them are tall woman fetishists. While flattering, that's not really appealing in terms of relationship material. The fetishists I've come across have also tended to be on the crazy side. So yeah, that's why I never really dated shorter guys.

1 Comments:

At 4:58 PM, Blogger Shawna said...

huh - I saw your post on Kat's blog about Marfan syndrome (I accidently typed in Morfan syndrome in the search bar) anyway...look where it took me! Right to your blog! Huh..interesting

 

Post a Comment

<< Home