Sunday, August 21, 2005

Scene 25: Costco


Ever since I made my t-shirt that says "Six Five" on it, I've been patiently waiting for someone to ask me how tall I am while I was wearing it -- just so I could smart-assedly point to my t-shirt and say nothing. At last, that day finally came..

I was at Costco today getting my picture taken like a supermodel. After she took my picture, the girl behind the camera says:

Costco Girl: You could be a model. How tall are you?

And then, before I can remember that I'm wearing my awesome shirt, I flub it all up and tell her!!

Me: 6'5" (DOH!)

I can't believe I totally choked. How could I miff this up? I've been waiting so long!! Luckily the girl helped me out... She looked over at another girl standing next to her, astutely pointed out my shirt and said:

Costco Girl: Six five - like on her shirt, see?

Me: Oh yeah! Like on my shirt. Yeah.. I made it so that all I have to do is point.. See? ((Pointing at the shirt))

What a dork! I can't wait to wear it again so I can have another shot at being just little bit cool. :-)

3 Comments:

At 9:51 AM, Blogger Kat said...

unbelievable! you killed your own punchline.

 
At 11:14 AM, Blogger Cladeedah said...

I know.. I know! :-(

 
At 1:08 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Does your shirt say "no" on the back? It would be great to have them ask how tall you are, you silently point to the front of your shirt then turn and walk away in order to give them the answer to the "do you play basketball?" question.
-John

 

Post a Comment

<< Home