Sunday, August 07, 2005

Scene 17: Movie Theater

I'm at the movie theater concession stand buying some popcorn from this kid.


These little artsy-looking kids are all crowded around the counter, talking to their friend who works there.
(From left to right - Teen #2, Teen #1, Teen #4)

Teen #1: Hey, how tall are you, like seven foot??
Me: (laughing cuz a lot of short people can't tell the difference between 6'5" and seven foot) No...
Teen #3 aka concession employee: 6 foot 3!
Teen #2 aka the smart one: 6 foot 5!
Me: Very good, 6 foot 5.

(The smart one notices my badge as I'm paying)

Teen 2/Smart one: Hey, you're a cop!
Me: No I'm not.
Teen 2/Smart one: Yes you are, I saw your badge!
Me: No I'm not.. see? (I pull it out and let him read it. Apparently he can't read b/c he still insisted I was a cop. The other boys now crowd around)

Teen #4: You're a cop! You're a cop!
Teen #1: (Obviosuly scared he's going to get busted for curfew or something) I work here, I'm an employee!
Teen #2: It says Deputy!! You are a cop!

Me: It says Deputy Attorney - I'm a lawyer.

(They all breathe a sigh of relief and say, oh that's cool. Back to the tall stuff..)

Teen #1: Do you like being tall?
Me: Yes.

Teen #2: How old are you?
Me: How old do you think I am?
Teen #1: 19?
Me: No.. (laughing hysterically)
Teen #3: 23?
Me (still laughing) You boys are too kind.
Teen #2/smart one: 27!
Me: Very good.

Teen #2: So do you have a boyfriend?
Me: (laughing at how much weirder this has gotten) Yes.
Teen #2: Are you happy with him?
Me: (laughing even harder) Oh my God, are you hitting on me? You're like 12!
Teen #2: I'm 16. He's 16. He's 16, He's 17.
Teen #1: (Coming to his buddy's defense) Yeah, but he's the mack. He gets all the ladies.

Teen #2: How tall is your boyfriend?
Me: 6 foot 6
Teen #2: Wow, so he's taller than you?
Me: Yes... i have to go now...

8 Comments:

At 10:22 PM, Blogger Bradley said...

Man, youth are sooooo stupid.

 
At 12:47 AM, Blogger Housekeeper said...

That's karmic payback for all the crap I'm sure you gave people when you worked at the movies.

 
At 8:52 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

"laughing cuz a lot of short people can't tell the difference between 6'5" and seven foot"

I'm detecting a bit a prejudice there.
Being one of those, ahem, "short people", I recall being very accurate about your height. And not ever being intimidated or fetishist about it at all. Of course, that's soley because you could fit on my back across campus.

I realize you said "a lot", which probably means "not everybody". But come on, "a lot" of people regardless of endowed height are really bad at judging height, let alone personal choice of friends. So what up with the short jab?

Despite these prejudicial and inflammatory statements, I have still lots of platonic love and respect for my piggy-backing partner. And, as for the fact that I am using conjunctions at the beginning of my sentences, I'm just exercising poor choices in diction. :-P

 
At 9:04 AM, Blogger Randi@SowderingAbout said...

awww you have an underage boyfriend...how cute!!! maybe you can go to prom with him!!!!

 
At 12:06 PM, Blogger Kat said...

ayeeeee. kids.

 
At 8:03 PM, Blogger Shannon said...

Of all your harassments, this was my favorite.

Kudos on the pics.

 
At 11:16 PM, Blogger Cladeedah said...

Dytz - I've only been asked if I was seven foot tall by short people. Tall people usually get within the ballpark. No knock on short people.. just sayin'. And btw, you not having fetishist feelings for me has nothing to do w/ our heights... only our genders.

 
At 8:23 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I think the lack of fetishism is a function of gender, yes... and height, well that's just not a factor. Short people, tall people, all the same to me as long as the person is cute. Oh, and has a nice personality. Yeah, I guess that is important too. Sometimes.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home