Sunday, July 24, 2005

Scene 11: Benihana (Las Vegas)

This week hasn't been bad at all in terms of tall comments. Could be because I've been going to friend's houses a lot lately, and not so much out in public.

Friday in court I met a defendant who was 6'9". We bonded over the height thing, so I dismissed the charges against him. Just kidding, I dismissed them for other reasons, but it felt good b/c he was one of my peeps. :-P

Saturday we went to Benihana (two Saturdays in a row!). We spoke to these people at our table the whole time.. got to know all about them. Then, as we're walking out, we see them in the elevator. This lady who'd been sitting next to me all this time apparently had no idea I was so tall. So we get in the elevator and this is how it went (from what I can remember):

Lady: Daaaaaaaaaaaaaaannnnnnnnggggg! You're tall!
Me: Yep.
Lady: Wow, how tall are you??
Me: 6'5"
Lady: Are you serious?? That's amazing?

Now I'm kinda disappointed, because she was perfectly nice during dinner, and now she's acting like a total idiot. But then she redeemed herself (sorta):

Lady: Wow, that's great, you could have been a model! But you picked a good career anyway. Ha ha ha.

Like I said before, the model remark is pretty much the only saving grace once you've travelled down the "Damn you're tall" road. The only reason I say "sorta" in this case is because she spoke of modelling in the past tense, like I was past my modeling prime.

Me (thinking): Whore.

3 Comments:

At 11:00 AM, Blogger Randi@SowderingAbout said...

that was great allison!!!!

 
At 11:06 AM, Blogger Cladeedah said...

Randi's just saying that cuz she just figured out she's a lesbo and she's trying to get some lesbo comradery going on.

 
At 12:06 PM, Blogger The Blogger Formally Known As Van! said...

Can I please get a witness?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home