Thursday, August 11, 2005

Scene 20: Uncle Angelo's Italian Restaurant

Just finished having lunch w/ Allison and Kelly. I go up to the counter to pay while they go to the bathroom. I'm coming from work, so I'm wearing a skirt suit. Smallish middle-eastern-looking lady behind the cash register giggles and says:

Lady: You're so tall.
Me: I know.
Lady: Do people ask you...? (and then she trailed off.. like she thought of the answer before she could finish her sentence and changed her mind.) You should be a basketball player.
Me: No. (thinking: you have no idea how I would do at basketball. I'm happy being a lawyer, thank you very much.)

(awkward silence... money is then exchanged)

3 Comments:

At 10:16 AM, Blogger Kat said...

did you hear that matthew mcgrory died? i bet he was harrassed all the time too.

 
At 11:50 AM, Blogger Cladeedah said...

Awe, sad. He looked really unhealthy though. Funny that he went to law school. Maybe I should be an actress so I can be the tallest girl actress ever.

 
At 7:10 AM, Blogger Randi@SowderingAbout said...

if you became rich and famous from being an actress would you still make tshirts with us?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home