Thursday, December 15, 2005

Scene 195: Junior High School Xmas Concert

Brian and I are at my nephew's winter concert (he's in band). Afterword, we are walking through the hallway, when a little girl approaches me..

Little girl: What's your feet?
Me: What's my feet? You mean how tall am I?
Little girl: Yeah, how many feet are you?

Two other kids huddle in to join in the conversation.

Me: I'm 6 feet and 5 inches.
Little girl & Little kids: Woahhhhh.....

Brian then comes over and the little girl asks him..

Little girl: How many feet are you?
Brian: I'm 6 foot 6.
Little girl & Little kids: WOAHHHHH...

We had to run to catch up to my nephew, so that's when we left..

I found out later from my nephew that some kids in his class were oohing and ahhing when they saw Brian and me walking around before the concert. They didn't know I was his aunt. He told them that I was his aunt and that they better not come up to me and say anything about being tall or else I'd take a picture of them and make fun of them on my blog. Awwwee.. no wonder only 3 kids came up to us. They must've been the only ones who didn't get the memo.

2 Comments:

At 4:39 PM, Blogger Shannon Nelson said...

You've got a funny blog. ;) My husband is 6'5" and I am 5'1", and guess how often people say things to us. ;)

 
At 2:19 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

It just goes to show you - kids don't grow up. They just look older, but they're the same old "WOAH..." crowd, after all.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home