Sunday, December 11, 2005

Scene 188: Clerk's Office

So the court clerks are decorating the office for the holidays.. I walk past, just as two ladies are trying to figure out how they're going to get the gold bow on top of the Christmas tree. I know exactly what they're going to say.. As soon as the fatter one sees me, she says, "You're tall, put it on top of the tree!" Now, one of my readers complained in the comments section a few posts back about how annoying it is when smaller people expect taller people to do things for them when they can't reach. I actually enjoy doing it though. I think it's kinda my own way of trying to make other people jealous of my height. :-)

5 Comments:

At 12:33 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

On the other hand... (or the other side of the gene pool, whatever)

Being short, instead of being asked to reach for things, we get put upon to be leaning posts or scratch posts (as some asswipe rubs our heads exclaiming how CUTE we are).

Methinks I should start a blog about all the short comments I get, but it seems so pedantic. Still feel your pain, my lovely - and appreciate your, um, compassion for the less fortunate.

 
At 4:01 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I agree, I like helping people get stuff down from the market shelves, etc. I just helped my boss decorate our office and being tall came in real handy. No stepstool needed...

 
At 4:01 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I agree, I like helping people get stuff down from the market shelves, etc. I just helped my boss decorate our office and being tall came in real handy. No stepstool needed...

 
At 10:00 PM, Blogger Bradley said...

Yeah, this also works when you help someone weak do somthing that requires strength. Like lifting/opening things for women.

 
At 8:39 AM, Blogger Cladeedah said...

Which begs the question - who actually has the upper hand in these situations? The person who is able to reach/open the jar, or the person handing out the orders?? ;-)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home