Saturday, November 26, 2005

Scene 183: Court lobby

The moral of this story is that I should know better than to walk through the customer service waiting area to get from my office upstairs to the courtroom downstairs. So anyway..

I'm walking through the lobby area w/ another attorney and our Victim Advocate. I think I hear a couple of people saying something about me being tall, but I can't really hear what's being said, so I choose to ignore it. When we get around the corner, the Victim Advocate says, "Did you hear those people talking about you? They were pointing and saying 'Man, look how tall she is.'" I say I didn't hear them, then turn around and go back around the corner to see if they're still looking. Sure enough, one lady is stretched all the way across the guy next to her, neck straining to see around the corner, just to get another glance at me. They seem surprised that I've returned and am now glaring at them straight-on. I point my finger at them so they know for-sure I am talking to them, then I point it up and slowly move it back and forth, the way a mom gestures "no" at an ornery child. They seem pretty stunned and don't say anything in response.

2 Comments:

At 11:26 PM, Blogger David said...

That's awesome. If you had done that with the little board-breakers in the theater, they would have shit their collective pants.

 
At 3:40 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

LMBAO!!!!! OMG!!! No you didn't. Too funny! I am 6'1 1/2 and people stare at me and come up to me and ask stupid questions all the time...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home