Wednesday, November 02, 2005

Scene 73: The Galleria Mall

Ah yes, the mall.. always a hotbed for tall comments. These were all good this time. :-)

First: At Claire's..

Girl Behind the Counter: Wow, you're tall. How tall are you?
Me: 6'5"
Girl Behind the Counter: Wow.. is it hard for you to find clothes?
Me: Yes.
Girl Behind the Counter: Where do you get them?
Me: The internet mostly. Wow, that's awesome. I wish I was tall. There was just a tall guy in here the other day. Even taller than you.
Me: Wow, cool.


Second: In Victoria's Secret...

Young teen in store: Excuse me, are you a model?
Me: (smiling) No, but thank you.


Third: In the mall corridor

Tall girl's mom: Excuse me, where did you get your jeans?
Me: On the internet.
Talll girl's mom: What site?
Me: tallgirl.co.uk
Teenage tall girl (about 5'10"): Oh yeah, they're really expensive though.
Me: All tall girl clothes are expensive.
Teenage tall girl: That's the price of being tall, I guess.

2 Comments:

At 10:55 PM, Blogger Elizabeth said...

You didn't mention before on this blog that you were of Mexican descent. What is interesting is that the tallness overrides the not-being-whiteness. I thought that, since about 70% of all people I meet mention that I "don't look American" and ask where I am from "originally", that this was extremely noticeable in all people who are not white.

At least people do not ask for your geneaology because you are tall, whereas otherwise you might find yourself having to explain that Spanish-speakers were living on American soil long before Swedish people got there.

So that is one positive thing about everybody commenting on your height.

 
At 10:22 AM, Blogger She was shaken and stirred said...

I hate to hell the Galleria mall. I avoid that place at all fucking costs.

Hey, you wouldn't happen to be tall would you? ;)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home