Saturday, October 29, 2005

Scene 72: Outside Courtroom 1

It was trial day and I was talking to two witnesses I had subpoenaed to testify. After talking to them about the case, explaining that the defendant was facing jail for this Battery since he was convicted TWICE BEFORE of murder, and about what we were doing that day, I tell them they're free to leave. One of the witnesses turns to me and says, "I just have one question before I go." "Yes?," I say, thinking it's going to be something about the case or the process... "How tall are you?" Me: "Oh my gosh, 6'5", get out of here."

3 Comments:

At 7:50 PM, Blogger Shannon said...

This may be a stupid question on par with "Wow, how tall are you," but how is that this defendant isn't in jail for two murder convictions?

 
At 1:38 AM, Blogger Cladeedah said...

I wondered the same thing! Apparently one of the murders involved him and another guy beating an old lady to death. He ratted the other guy out and got like 15 years instead of life imprisonment or a death sentence. That was back in the 80's so he's good to go now. Not sure what the other one was all about. Anyway, it just shows how stupid prosecutors and judges can be sometimes.. He's so going to rob/kill someone again. During the battery I had him for, he was high on crack. That's a REAL GOOD combination - homicidal and on crack.

 
At 9:31 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Do you know what happens when you make grass, cocaine & heroin illegal? you get crack. and lots of it. So people will do everything they can to get it, including violent crime.

It's amazing how many people get killed, injured & arrested because of the "war on drugs". The right name is the "war on people who want drugs for fun".

I don't use any drugs myself, but I know that alcohol is a legal drug although it's killing thousands each year.

BTW
"Uri" is a he, not a she.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home