Friday, September 23, 2005

Scene 46: Boulevard Mall Food Court

First, I would just like to say how nice it was to be in Los Angeles last weekend. Even though I was out and about, I did not receive one, NOT ONE, tall comment. I even went to a concert AND a bar. It was pretty flippin' cool. Same thing happened to me before when I visited NYC and London. I think big-city folk have probably just seen so much, that a tall girl doesn't even phase them. But then I came back to Vegas...

I was at the food court trying to figure out what I wanted to order from the Ichiban, when some guy walks by and goes:

Polite rude-guy: Excuse me ma'am.
Me: (this immediately grabs my attention, since it's in such a polite tone. I turn to face him and say...) Yes?
Polite rude-guy: How tall are you?
Me: (thinking: Damn. You're one of those. I thought this was something else for a sec. SIGH.. Here goes... I cross my arms and turn back to the menu, severing eye contact w/ the guy to let him know I'm not a friendly kitty) 6'5".
Polite rude-guy: Did you ever place basetball.
Me: (still acting stuck up) No.

5 Comments:

At 9:26 AM, Blogger yournamehere said...

I usually only have little kids ask me how tall I am; but I'm beginning to think their parents put them up to it. They always ask, then turn to mom for approval.

 
At 12:24 PM, Blogger barnesanova said...

i was in L.A. a couple weeks ago and decided that you could be a 9 foot tall 6 legged, 1 armed, martian and people would simply think you were in a movie.

odd town.

 
At 1:58 PM, Blogger Randi@SowderingAbout said...

you should start telling people that you are 5'6. then when people start to get that look of confusion on their face, tell them thats what your wall says at home.

 
At 1:58 PM, Blogger Randi@SowderingAbout said...

or tell them they must be shrinking

 
At 9:49 PM, Blogger sinner said...

fifty seven

 

Post a Comment

<< Home