Monday, September 12, 2005

Scene 42: 7-11 in Reno

This weekend I was in Reno for a bachelorette party. A few of us stopped by 7-11 to get some drinks. That's when I got the greatest tall comment EVER.

This Green Day look-alike working there says:

Billie Joe: I'm sure you get this all the time, but I just have to tell you..

Me: (thinking.. Oh shoot, here it comes, what's it going to be - basketball? Volleyball?)

Billie Joe: You would make the perfect Wonder Woman. I know, you hear it all the time.

Me: (laughing at the randomness of the remark) No, actually, I can honestly say I've NEVER heard that.

Billie Joe: REALLY? Oh man, you'd be perfect. You know she's supposed to be really tall, right? She's the reason why I started drawing..

My friend Erica: Who Claudia??

Billie Joe: No, Wonder Woman! She's (meaning me)the reason why I'm going to have a coronary after you guys leave.

My friend Erica: She's the reason why you're going to have a COURT ORDER after we leave??

Billie Joe: No, a CORONARY.

Me: (laughing my ass off) I liked court order better!

Then I snapped his pic and he gave us free coffee and a free Slurpee. I must say, if this tall thing makes me "The Perfect Wonder Woman," and gets me free Slurpees, I am officially in love with it.

8 Comments:

At 11:54 PM, Blogger Housekeeper said...

Shit...I was there and it's even funnier reading it.

 
At 7:52 AM, Blogger Kat said...

wow. ok i am abandoning my wonder woman idea for halloween. you should do it. do it! do it!

 
At 9:50 AM, Blogger Cladeedah said...

No way Kat - you can be Wonder Woman. I ain't wearing no ladies' briefs in public!! (Besides, I saw a kick-ass pink flamingo outfit at Costco.. for kids, but whatever.)

 
At 4:54 PM, Blogger Shannon said...

I love it.

 
At 5:01 PM, Blogger yournamehere said...

Finally, someone makes a tall comment and isn't a total douche about it. About time.

 
At 10:45 PM, Blogger Cladeedah said...

Thanks supa! One question though - swimming? I've never gotten that. I've gotten harp player, piano player, but never swimmer. What's the theory there?

 
At 10:45 PM, Blogger Cladeedah said...

Thanks supa! One question though - swimming? I've never gotten that. I've gotten harp player, piano player, but never swimmer. What's the theory there?

 
At 10:07 AM, Blogger Isaac Carmichael said...

The longer I live, the more it is apparent to me that most people who have nothing intelligent to say are dead set on proving it.

Free Slurpies kick ass!
(did I just prove my own point?)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home