Tuesday, August 30, 2005

Scene 32: Subway

I'm standing in line at Subway dowtown when this SUPER-CUTE guy in front of me turns to me and says:

SUPER-CUTE guy: Hey, you went to Green Valley High School, huh?
Me: Yeah.
SUPER-CUTE guy: So did I. I totally remember you. How are you doing now?
Me: Good...

[CHIT-CHAT, CHIT-CHAT]

Turns out he graduated the year before me. He didn't look familiar to me at all. Maybe a name would help?

Me: What's your name?
SUPER-CUTE guy: Mark Cox
Me: Hmmmm...doesn't ring any bells.
SUPER-CUTE guy named Mark Cox: I don't know your name either. I just knew you as the really tall girl.
Me: The really tall girl.. yeah, that's how a lot of people knew me. A lot of people still call me that.

[MORE CHIT-CHAT & THEN WE SAY GOODBYE]

On the one hand, it's cool that people can see me a couple times in high school, never exchange any words with me, and then still remember me 11 years later... On the other hand, it sucks that I could never be a bank robber. They wouldn't even need a name on my wanted poster. "The Really Tall Girl" would suffice as both my moniker and personal description.

1 Comments:

At 4:47 PM, Blogger Sweet Coalminer said...

How could you forget a name like Cox? Clearly you never knew him.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home