Tuesday, August 30, 2005

Scene 30: Going-Away Party

I've had a bunch of comments lately that I just can't remember. I know my height was a frequent topic of conversation at Greg's party. Everyone was really positive about it, though, so it was cool. Here's some basic tall stuff that came up:

Met up w/ a new friend who's 6'6". It didn't take long for us to start talking about the height thing. He noted that although he's taller than me, he probably gets less tall remarks cuz it's more common for men to be that tall. I wholeheartedly agree.

At one point, four of us tall-folk got together to chit-chat. It was me (6'5"), Brian (6'6"), Brad (6'4"), and the new friend (6'6"). Talking to a group of people at eye-level was dreamy... :-D At one point, we did a hand-comparison. I think Brad won, even though he was the shortest.

What else? Oh yeah, my friend Anne confided in me that she was obsessed with Sigourney Weaver in Alien because she looked so tall in that movie. Anne was super complimentary all night about the height thing, which included lusting after my long skinny fingers. Heh heh.

I also met a super-sweet girl called Haiti there. She said she'd seen me several times before at other parties, but that we've never talked. I didn't recognize her. That happens a lot. More often ppl remember me better than I remember them. Anyway, she was also really nice and complimentary about the tall thing, saying stuff like it's so great you stand out, you're so beautiful, blah blah blah. Awe shucks - thanks Haiti. :-)

Like I said.. the height thing came up pretty frequently at the party. Can't remember all of it though. All I know is it was all fun and positive. I guess the moral of this story is that standing out can actually be cool. Sometimes.

1 Comments:

At 10:02 PM, Blogger yournamehere said...

Great party, Claudia. Thanks for the invite.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home