Thursday, September 29, 2005

Scenes 47-50: Mall, Salon, Park, etc.

I am SO BEHIND on my tall posts. I'm sorry. There've been tall comments here and there. It's been so long though, I can't remember most of them.. Here's what I can remember from this last weekend:

Friday night I went to the mall to get a blouse. I know there must've been some remarks while I was there (there are ALWAYS remarks at the mall), but I can't recall specifically. While at the mall, we had sushi at Ra, and I think one of the fifteen miniature, size 0, 34DD, hostesses said something like "you make me feel short" or something, but I can't be sure....

Saturday was more time at the mall... Hell-on-earth finding shoes at Nordstrom (13 narrow baby!) followed by pain, suffering and torture looking for pants or a skirt.

While at Express, a little Japanese girl in front of me w/ a head as big as a basketball, about 6-years-old, would not stop staring at me. Her dad had whispered something to her in Japanese, which was obviously about me because she looked me up and down and giggled as he spoke. I tried making faces at her - both smiley and angry - but nothing seemed to phase her. She just kept staring. Finally, she came right out and said it:

Big-headed Japanese girl: You tall!
Me: I know.

After that, I went to get my hair highlighted. I got the standard "wow, you're so tall!" and "how tall are you?" crap there... a couple times from each of the stylists there. Each time I'd get up to go to the hair dryer, my lady seemed to have the epiphany again - "wow, you are so tall!" Yup, yup, yup and yup.

Saturday night was my 10-year high school reunion. Lucky for me, everyone there already knew I was tall from back in the day, so no tall comments to report.

Sunday we had engagement photos taken. Our photographer was heard more than once commenting, "God, you guys are so tall!" Yes, yes, we know..

1 Comments:

At 12:13 PM, Blogger Randi@SowderingAbout said...

where did you end up getting your hair done at?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home