Monday, February 06, 2006

Scene 206: Superbowl Party

I'm at a friend's Superbowl Party. I go to the kitchen to get more soda. This other guest sees me and says:

Partygoer #1: Hey, what professional women's basketball team do you play for?!"
Me: Guess.
Partygoer #1: Los Angeles?
Me: No...
Partygoer #2: Las Vegas...
Me: Las Vegas doesn't have a women's basketball team!
Partygoer #1: Arizona?
Me: No...
Partygoer #1: But you do play for one, right? I knew it.
Me: No actually, I don't. Sorry.
Partygoer #1: Awe man. Hey, can I stand next to you?
Me: Sure. (I was in social mode, and he was a friend of a friend, so why not?)
Partygoer #1: Wow.. do you have a boyfriend or husband here?
Me: I have a husband, but he's not here.
Partygoer #1: Can I put my arm around you and introduce you to my friends as my new girfriend?
Me: Sure, why not? (He got points for asking for permission before just manhandling me.)

So we go outside and he introduces me as his new girlfriend. All of his friends were just floored. They kissed my hand and told me I was beautiful, so that was cool... except for the man-drool leftover on my hand.

4 Comments:

At 5:32 AM, Blogger yournamehere said...

That's a good idea, the whole "ask a woman to pretend to be your girlfriend" thing.

 
At 12:38 PM, Blogger i like liquor and tv said...

yeah, the do love us don't they

 
At 12:02 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Geee! you're cool :))

 
At 1:48 AM, Blogger mizzzthanggg said...

lol - i love all yr stories, Cladeedah, and have had u linked to my blog for some time now (hope ya don't mind) but this here is one of the coolest! u made that man's week i'm sure ;)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home