Monday, February 06, 2006

Scene 207: Hamburger Mary's

So we're at this gay-friendly restaurant/bar, and they just got done showing The Rocky Horror Picture Show. This gay kid who was trying to get us on some mailing list sees me stand up, and says:

Gay kid: Oh my gosh, you're so tall!
Me: Yup.
Gay kid: What are you like, 6'2" or 6'3"?
Me: No, 6'5"
Gay kid: Are you wearing heels?
Me: No.
Gay kid: Wow, I love tall people! I do. I'm really good at guessing heights too. I used to work at Circus Circus at the guess your height booth, and I always loved tall people.

Hmmm.. for loving tall people so much, he certainly was no height expert. Now me, on the other hand... I could make a fortune guessing people's heights.

2 Comments:

At 4:55 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

HA! That's great!
"Some of my best friends are tall!"

Thanks for updating the blog- I check it out regularly and it puts a huge smile on my face and gives me a much-needed perspective as I head out my front door to face the endless parade of "Wow, you're tall!"/"Do you know how tall you are?"/"Do you know that you're tall?"/"You're making me feel short"/Why don't you play basketball?"/"My cousin Marty is, like, sooo tall! He's, like, 5'10- Hey do you know him?!"/etc...

Keep on keepin' tall,
K

 
At 5:29 AM, Blogger yournamehere said...

I was going to email you about this Rocky Horror showing, but I completely forgot. Let me know the next time you're going.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home