Saturday, February 11, 2006

Scene 208: Parking Lot

An overweight homeless lady is yelling out to my friend and me from across the parking lot as we're getting into my car.

Fat bum: Hey! Hey you!

My friend makes the mistake of noticing, stopping and asking the bum if she's talking to us.

Fat bum: Woah, you're tall!
Me: Yeah, I know.
Fat bum: How tall are you?
Me:6'5" (rolling eyes, getting into car...)
Fat bum: Hey, wait, do you have a buck so I can get something to eat?
Me: [[SIGH]]

I don't know why I gave her a buck, but I did. Maybe to get her to leave me alone? In retrospect, it pisses me off that she expected money on top of height stats. It should be one or the other, right?

2 Comments:

At 9:19 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

The obvious "How much do you weigh" comeback might have been a good response. Then give her the dollar in exchange for guessing her own weight.

 
At 11:58 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

ha ha! normally WE are the ones who have the right to be payed for telling our measures! *grin*
You know of Ella K. Ewing?

http://www.ellaewing.freeservers.com/index.html

Some time before Sandy Allen so to say ;)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home