Monday, September 04, 2006

Scenes 218 & 219: Nordstrom Rack & Target

I'm at the Rack, when this tall lady with an accent comes up and says: "Can I ask you a really weird question?" As always, I'm skeptical that the question is in fact really that weird, so I say yes, ask away. The lady asks where I get my jeans.

Ah-hah, just as I suspected. The question is not weird at all! I tell her. She thanks me, and I go on my way.

No more than 15 minutes later, I'm in Target and this tall lady with a baby comes up and says, "Excuse me, can I ask where you get your jeans?" She apologizes for bothering me, and I tell her it's okay, she's the second person in the last few minutes to ask. Then we chat about where to shop.

So, for the record, I prefer Tall Girls UK, followed by Long Elegant Legs and then Long Tall Sally.

Feel free to harass me for clothing advice if you're a tall lady. I would hope other tall girls would extend me the same courtesy.

8 Comments:

At 11:26 AM, Blogger Liberal Banana said...

My boyfriend is 6'5" and a bit heavier than he'd like to be so he can't find (cool) jeans that fit him ANYWHERE. I've wanted to ask tall men that same question before - "Where do you buy your jeans??" but I'm always too nervous. Maybe now I will have the courage!

 
At 8:26 PM, Blogger yournamehere said...

liberalbanana,

I'm 6'6" and heavier than I'd like to be. I buy basic, everyday jeans in rather fashionable styles at oldnavy.com The website has more sizes than the stores. Also, gap.com offers the same styles with a thicker, probably longer lasting denim for much more money.

If he wants more upscale jeans, most Dillard's department stores have a big and tall section that offers jeans by polo, calvin klein, and sean john.

I hope this helps,

Claudia's Tall Guy Friend

 
At 10:10 AM, Blogger Liberal Banana said...

Thank you, Claudia's Tall Guy Friend! I'll check those sites out right away!

 
At 10:24 AM, Blogger Liberal Banana said...

You were right! OldNavy.com AND Gap.com had GREAT choices! I'm so excited! I sent my guy the links... Thank you thank you thank you!

 
At 9:02 PM, Blogger Melissa said...

Check out alloy.com also, their inseams go up to 37"!!

 
At 1:30 PM, Blogger J said...

I have such a hard time finding jeans that are long enough to wear with my heels. I am about 5'10" and like to wear my boots with jeans, but even the 36" inseam is too short sometimes. Even so, Gap and Banana Republic have that size inseam and I just checked out Alloy.com. They have 37" inseams-at an affordable price, no less.

 
At 6:47 AM, Blogger Sofie Langis said...

You can check Rock & Republic, they are pretty expensive but sometimes... you want to dress like other people ! ;) They are almost to long for me (36-37)
Also, you can find very long pants at Zara but not all the time but they're not expensive at all!

Finally, Tall Girl (canada and USA) offers Parasuco Jeans and Foxy Jeans, around 100$ a pair... Very nice! And you can order from internet ! :)
Hope it will help you!

 
At 5:21 PM, Blogger Kandi-STYLE said...

I know this is crazy late, but Buckle and Height Goddess. Buckle carries 37 1/2'sand Height Goddess carries up to 40" inseams!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home