Monday, February 27, 2006

Scene 214: Pampered Chef Party

I'm at my friend Vanessa's house.. she's having a Pampered Chef party. The soccer mom doing the demonstrations sees me and says:

Soccer mom: Do people ask you how tall you are all the time?
Me: Yup, all the time.

I'm thinking this is where it's going to end... I kinda have to give her props for having the forethought to realize that I get asked all the time. Good critical thinking skills there, lady. BUT THEN, with deliberate indifference to the conversation we just had, she goes ahead and asks anyway!.....

Soccer mom: How tall ARE YOU?
Me: 6'5"
Soccer mom: Wow, you're so tall.

Thanks for the update, asshat.

10 Comments:

At 4:01 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

by being so tall you manage to make everyone around you stupid.

pretty cool super power actually

 
At 8:28 PM, Blogger Housekeeper said...

The spouse thinks you're lame for using the word "asshat", he thinks it getting to much action.

 
At 10:44 PM, Blogger Shannon said...

I think it's still appropriate as long as you pronounce it "as shat" and not "ass hat."

 
At 10:59 AM, Blogger Shannon said...

You can't tell me you haven't been harassed in a month. What gives?

 
At 6:18 AM, Blogger kris said...

yournamehere sent me, and I couldn't be happier.

OH MY. You and my best friend must connect.

http://mamalikey.blogspot.com/2006/03/im-pretty-sure-even-pa-ingalls-had.html

 
At 4:49 PM, Blogger Randi@SowderingAbout said...

i had jury duty today and was downtown at the courthouse and there was this chik that had to be as tall as you, and its funny as a short person your first instint is to say something, but then i always think of you, and i never do....so all the other tall people out there should thank you for being my friend...hehe

 
At 6:56 PM, Blogger Shannon said...

Has your blog finally succeeded in getting the word out? Have people finally stopped harassing you?

 
At 6:58 PM, Blogger Cladeedah said...

Yes, absolutely. I told you guys one person's whining could totally make a difference.

 
At 7:37 PM, Blogger yournamehere said...

Wow, you've gone harrassment-free for quite some time. I might have to hire independent contractors to ask you stupid ass questions.

 
At 10:51 PM, Blogger The Dude said...

You should post more. Dig the blog. I'm 6'4 and the first question I get just about every time I meet someone is "How tall are you?"

 

Post a Comment

<< Home