Tuesday, February 14, 2006

Scene 210: Bank

I'm filling out a deposit slip at the counter, when I feel eyes staring at me from behind. I turn around to go see the teller, and this little girl, about 9 years-old, is being dragged along by her mom while staring at me in awe. She finally breaks her silence and releases what's been apparently burning her from within for several seconds now...

Little girl: (As loudly and as clearly as possible.) Mommy, she's tall!
Mom: Yes, she is.

I just looked at her and smiled, to let her know she was heard.

2 Comments:

At 3:46 PM, Blogger i like liquor and tv said...

My similar tall story:

Last year some time at the grocery store. A Mexican lady and her little 4 or 5 year old son was in front of me in line. The son is staring up at me in awe. But I don't really like kids so I just ignored him. Eventually:

kid - you too big!
me - You're too little.

The little boy got mad but the mom smiled. But I don't think she spoke English so she probably thought I said something kind.

Actually this story wasn't that similar, I just wanted my story heard.

 
At 10:48 AM, Blogger Cladeedah said...

:-) It was a good story. Yeah, the kids are a tough situation.. so ruthless.. yet it'd be unethical to verbally overpower them.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home